What is the Ford F-250 Towing Capacity?
When you need to tow heavy loads around Rifle, the 2020 Ford F-250 boasts the towing capacity you need. In fact, the Ford F-250 towing capacity ranges from 12,600 to 22,800 pounds, depending on the powertrain and configuration you select. The new F-250 also promises a maximum payload capacity of 4,260 pounds. Simply put, even the biggest loads are no challenge for the 2020 Ford Super Duty, especially as compared with previous model years. Discover the Ford F-250 specs with Glenwood Springs Ford to fully understand its capabilities!
Ford F-250 Specs: Engines
With a mix of gas and diesel engine options, the Ford F-250 proves itself more than capable of whatever you throw at it. When you hit the Grand Junction streets, expect the following Ford F-250 specs:
6.2L Gas-Powered V8
- 385 hp
- 430 lb-ft of torque
Optional 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel V8
- 475 hp
- 1,050 lb-ft of torque
Available all-new 7.3L Gas V8
- 430 hp
- 475 lb-ft of torque
Take your pick between rear-wheel drive or a 4×4 AWD system with any of these engines. No matter your setup, you will enjoy the smooth and responsive Ford TorqShift® G 6-speed automatic transmission.
Ford F-250 Specs: Towing Features
Maximize your towing capabilities around Denver with these Ford F-250 towing features:
- Gooseneck Hitch Kit: In order to achieve the maximum 22,800-pound Ford F-250 towing capacity, you will need to purchase and install this kit.
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: Ever had trouble connecting your truck and trailer? Install this durable 2.5-inch Built Ford Tough® Trailer Hitch Receiver ( or optional 3-inch model) for a quick, convenient connection.
- Trailer Sway Control: Gone are the days where your trailer moved separately from your truck, as though it had a mind of its own. Thanks to Trailer Sway Control, you can keep control of your truck and trailer simultaneously.
- Trailer Brake Controller: This system also provides extra control for Montrose-area drivers, as it syncs the vehicle and trailer brakes for smooth stops.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC): With gyroscopic sensors, reduced engine power, and selective wheel braking, this system works to maintain stability wherever you’re headed in Colorado.
Access Ford F-250 Towing Capabilities at Glenwood Springs Ford!
Ready to experience the ultimate Ford F-250 capabilities for yourself? Schedule a test drive near %%target at Glenwood Springs Ford to get behind the wheel, and take advantage of our new vehicle specials for opportunities to save on this heavy-duty truck. We look forward to working with you!
More From Glenwood Springs Ford
The saying goes that if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it, and that is certainly the case with the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity. The new F-150 carries over momentum from the previous model year, boasting the same maximum tow rating of 13,200 pounds and offering a range of powertrain setups, cabins, and bed sizes…
Choosing from the three distinct models within the 2020 Ford Ranger lineup is no easy task for Grand Junction drivers. All provide compelling features, strong performance, and off-road capabilities. Plus, drivers also have to decide between bed sizes. Find out what each of the Ford Ranger trim levels has in store with this guide from Glenwood Springs Ford….
Ford SUV Specials Within the new Ford inventory at Glenwood Springs Ford, Rifle-area drivers are sure to find a Ford with 3rd row seating. If you need to load up the entire family or conduct transit for your business, these Ford three-row SUVs will work for you: Ford Flex (7 passengers) Ford Explorer (7 passengers) Ford…