How to Use Ford Remote Start
Remote start systems are available for many new Ford vehicles, and they provide Rifle and Grand Junction drivers with greater freedom. Wondering how to use Ford remote start? It’s simple! Read our quick guide below to learn more about your Ford remote access system and how you can control your vehicle via your smartphone.
How To Use Ford Remote Start: Step-by-Step Guide
Starting Your Ford Vehicle
- Press the lock button on the key fob to lock the doors.
- Press the remote start button twice.
- Exterior lamps will flash twice.
- The horn will sound if the command failed.
Turning the Vehicle Off
- After remote starting, press the button once.
- Exterior lamps will turn off.
Using the Memory Feature (If Equipped)
- When remote start is activated, this will adjust seating, mirror, and steering column positions (must be pre-set).
How to Use Ford Remote Start: Status Feedback
If your Ford remote access system is equipped with status feedback, you will get information about the status for remote start or stop commands. Here’s a quick guide to their meanings:
- Solid Green — Remote start successful.
- Solid Red — Remote stop successful. The vehicle is off.
- Blinking Red — Remote stop or start failed.
- Blinking Green — Awaiting status update.
How to Use Ford Remote Start if Ford Remote Access Won’t Work
There are several instances in which Ford remote start won’t work. If your key fob isn’t carrying out your commands, one of the following may be the cause:
- Ignition already on
- Triggered alarm
- Disabled remote stop/start system
- Open hood
- Transmission in park (P)
- Low vehicle battery
- “Service engine soon” light illuminated
What is FordPass?
If your vehicle is equipped with Ford SYNC® Connect, you can use FordPass to control it from afar. What’s more, there are no yearly subscription fees. FordPass is a remote access app that you can download from the App Store or Google Play. Using the app, Denver drivers can do the following:
- Start and stop remotely
- Lock and unlock remotely
- Schedule a start
- Check gas and fluid levels
Need Help with Using Ford Remote Start? Contact Glenwood Springs Ford!
Glenwood Springs Ford is your source for information on the latest Ford technologies. While you’re here, learn how to update your current SYNC system and turn off Ford MyKey. If you have questions about how to use Ford remote start, or where to purchase genuine Ford accessories, visit us near Montrose and Steamboat Springs!