How Do I Update Ford SYNC?
Take the following steps to install a Ford SYNC update:
- Download software updates from the Ford SYNC website onto a USB drive.
- Turn your vehicle on and plug in the USB drive.
- Access the “SYNC-Settings” menu.
- Select the “Install on SYNC” option.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
Keep Your Ford SYNC Up-to-Date
It’s important to note that these instructions are designed for 2017 model year or newer vehicles, although select 2016 and 2015 models will work as well. Let’s explore the process in more detail:
- Before you begin, write down any saved navigation points, as you’ll need to re-input them after the update has been installed.
- Download the software update onto a completely empty USB drive.
- Turn your vehicle on and keep it on during the entire process.
- Plug the USB drive into one of the SYNC system’s USB ports.
- Select the “Menu” option then “SYNC-Settings” and press “OK.”
- Choose the “Install on SYNC” option and press “OK” then “Yes.”
- The SYNC system will reboot and begin the installation process. Note that this can take up to 20 minutes, and you need to keep the car running the whole time.
- At the end of the process, the Ford SYNC will reboot one more time.
- Check to see which version you’re running by choosing “SYNC-Setting” then “Systems Info.”
- Once you’re finished, make sure you let Ford know you’ve successfully installed the update by visiting the SYNC update website .
If you have any questions about this process, feel free to get in touch with the tech experts at Glenwood Springs Ford.
What Is Ford SYNC?
The Ford SYNC system combines music, telephone, and entertainment controls, and it’s included in many recent Ford models:
- Ford Fusion
- Ford F-150
- Ford Edge
- Ford Explorer
Ford releases periodic updates that keep this system up to date, allowing you to get the most out of Ford SYNC apps. In addition, upgraded systems like the Ford SYNC3 included advanced navigation features and voice recognition controls.
Get Help With a Ford SYNC Update
The customer service team at Glenwood Springs Ford has received extensive training in SYNC functions, and we can even install updates for you. Stop by our showroom at 55 Storm King Rd. in Glenwood Spring, CO to experience the SYNC in the high tech Ford F-150 . If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 970-945-2317.