How to Program Ford Key Fobs
Did you recently get replacement car keys, and now you’re wondering how to program Ford key fobs? Glenwood Springs Ford has you covered! Many new Ford vehicles come with a remote key fob for easier vehicle access. Programming a new key fob is simple if your car is equipped with keyless entry and you know the steps. Rifle and Grand Junction Ford owners can follow our guide to program Ford remote fobs below!
Step-by-Step Ford Remote Programming Instructions
- Close the car doors, then open the driver-side door. Press the UNLOCK button on the driver-side door.
- Next, turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times. Do this within 10 seconds, making sure the 8th time ends on RUN. When you’ve entered programming mode, the door locks will lock and unlock. (Note: If the doors don’t cycle, turn the key faster. Your car may not have keyless entry if you still can’t get the doors locks to cycle.)
- Press any button on the Ford remote to be programmed. Do this within 8 seconds. The door locks will cycle again to confirm the keyless entry remote is programmed and ready to use.
- Have a second remote key fob? Again, press any button on the remote within 8 seconds to cycle the door locks. Repeat this step for any additional key fobs.
- Finally, turn the ignition to OFF. The locks will again cycle to confirm programming is complete.
How to Turn Off Ford MyKey
Unsure how to disable your Ford MyKey? Start the car with your admin key or key fob, and follow these instructions.
- Once your onboard computer is booted up, access the main menu.
- Select “Settings,” and scroll to the option that says “MyKey.”
- Under “MyKey,” select the “Clear MyKey” option.
- Press and hold “OK” until the following message appears on the screen: “All MyKeys Cleared.”
Learn More About How to Program Ford Remotes
Do you have questions about Ford key fob programming, or are you having difficulties with set-up? Schedule a service appointment near Denver and Montrose. Our certified technicians can answer your questions about Ford accessories, walk you through the key fob programming steps. Interested in learning more about Ford warranties? Consult our informational guide.
Latest Tips from Glenwood Springs Ford
Did you recently get replacement car keys, and now you’re wondering how to program Ford key fobs? Glenwood Springs Ford has you covered! Many new Ford vehicles come with a remote key fob for easier vehicle access. Programming a new key fob is simple if your car is equipped with keyless entry and you know the steps….
Enjoy affordable service when you bring your Ford model in for repairs at Glenwood Springs Ford thanks to Ford’s parts warranty program. The Ford parts warranty program lets you rest assured that, should your Ford need any TLC in the coming years, you’ll have the genuine Ford OEM parts you need to have it covered…