How to Turn Off Ford MyKey
Keeping your Rifle family safe on the road is a top priority for Ford, especially if you have teen drivers. That’s what makes Ford MyKey such a useful feature, as it allows you to set driving parameters when others take the wheel. Despite these advantages, there may come a time that you need to shut down your Ford MyKey. Perhaps you need to swap keys with your teen driver, or you’re selling your Ford vehicle. No matter the situation, knowing how to turn off Ford MyKey is crucial. Whenever you need to engage a Ford MyKey disable, consult this guide from Glenwood Springs Ford, serving Grand Junction and beyond.
Ford MyKey Disable Steps
In order to disable your Ford MyKey system, your vehicle must be turned on using the admin key or admin key fob. Once you have that in hand, follow these steps to initiate your Ford MyKey disable and clear all settings.
- Start the car to boot up the onboard computer and screen.
- Access the main menu using your steering-wheel-mounted information display controls.
- Select “Settings” from the main menu, and scroll to the “MyKey” option.
- Under the “MyKey” option, search for “Clear MyKey.”
- Press and hold this option until the following message appears across the screen: “All MyKeys Cleared.”
Ford MyKey Programming Steps
Turning your Ford MyKey system back on is super simple. Refer to this guide from Glenwood Springs Ford to get your teen drivers back on the Denver streets safely.
- Turn your Ford on using the key that you would like to program. Insert the key into the backup slot on models with push-button start.
- Navigate to the main menu on your information display and select “Settings.”
- Scroll to “MyKey,” followed by “Create MyKey.”
- You will be prompted to select “OK,” which labels the key in the ignition as a MyKey. From that point, the key will be restricted when it starts the Ford vehicle.
To change restriction settings, audio system controls, vehicle speed minders, and more for your MyKey system, all you have to do is start the car with your admin key, navigate to the “MyKey” menu, and browse the features for which you can make adjustments, changing settings as you wish. If you need further help programming a Ford key fob, consult these instructions.
About Ford MyKey
Ford MyKey is yet another form of Ford technology designed to provide peace of mind, convenience, and technology as you and others drive around Glenwood Springs. Ford MyKey functions as follows:
- The admin can set restrictions for all other keys used to drive the Ford.
- The majority of the time, Ford MyKey is used to promote better driving behavior among teens and less-experienced drivers.
- Ford MyKey can limit top speeds, minimize distractions, and guarantee proper seat belt use among passengers.
- Additionally, drivers with programmed MyKeys will be required to use any Ford safety features, parking aids, and Ford Co-Pilot360™ technologies installed.
Discover Ford Technology at Glenwood Springs Ford
Discover Ford MyKey for yourself if you don’t already have it when you visit Glenwood Springs Ford! We have all of the information you need about the various Ford technology features, including Ford SYNC®, and all you have to do is get in touch to learn more. Plus, you can always keep up with us for additional tips and tricks related to Ford parts and systems.
Latest on Ford Vehicles in Glenwood Springs
The 2020 Ford F-150 release date has garnered quite a bit of anticipation among Rifle drivers, and the team at Glenwood Springs Ford certainly understands why! The F-150 is one of the most popular models in the Ford lineup, and it always proves reliable. The new model year brings with it a range of new features, configurations,…
The 2020 Ford Escape hits the Rifle market completely redesigned, bringing back a hybrid powertrain and boasting advanced safety features as standard. Just as important, though, are the updates to the 2020 Ford Escape interior. From comfort and convenience to colors and design, the new Escape interior stands up to the demands of drivers and…
How much can a Ford Explorer tow? No matter which of the 2020 Ford Explorer trims you select, you will have access to a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds or more. Such capabilities are even possible with a hybrid powertrain. Here, Glenwood Springs Ford breaks down the Ford Explorer towing capacity based on the engine offerings for…