What is Ford SYNC®?
Ford SYNC® is a system that allows you to perform a variety of actions handsfree by using voice-activated controls. Rifle drivers can make calls, choose music, set up navigation, and more with Ford SYNC® if they own a Ford model that is a 2017 model year or newer. Have an older model? This system is available on a few 2016 models as well. Learn more about this beneficial feature below!
Ford SYNC® Features
Ford SYNC® offers two different levels. The base level of Ford SYNC® comes with many features that help make your driving experiences easier. For one, the LCD screen is large, making it easy to read and manage various items, including caller ID. Voice-activated commands allow you to make phone calls, play music, and send texts handsfree, making your Montrose drives safer by keeping your focus on the road and hands on the wheel. Denver drivers can also enjoy the following features:
- Emergency Assistance: Ford SYNC® gives you peace of mind with 911 Assist®, a feature that can make an emergency call for you in the event of an accident. This technology can make the call even when you are not able to do so yourself.
- Personalized Playlists: Using voice commands, tell Ford SYNC® the music genre you would like to listen to and the system will play it for you. What’s more, Ford SYNC® can even make a personal playlist for you. If you want to play your own music from your phone, SYNC® also allows for Bluetooth® connectivity.
- Connectivity: Ford SYNC® has an AppLink® program that allows you to connect to Spotify and Pandora®. Enjoying a music station that’s playing? Simply say, “Thumbs up” to save the station.
Ford SYNC® 3 Features
Ford SYNC® 3 is the next level. With Ford SYNC® 3, you’ll get all of the features from the base level. However, you’ll have access to other features, such as Android Auto™, which allows you to make calls, send texts, and use Google Maps. In addition to that, you’ll get:
- SYNC Connect® & FordPass™: SYNC Connect® offers FordPass™, a feature that shows your vehicle’s location and allows you to check its status, which includes fuel levels. In addition to that, you can also remotely lock and unlock your doors, start the engine, or schedule a time for your car to start with FordPass™. SYNC Connect® comes with in-car Wi-Fi as well, keeping you connected on the road.
- Ford+Alexa: The SYNC® 3 AppLink® allows you to connect the Ford+Alexa app in order to use and access features like Traffic Information, Voice Navigation, Amazon Prime, and your Amazon Smart Home devices.
- Available Travel Link® and SiriusXM®: This available feature includes an intuitive navigation system with weather reports, up-to-date traffic, and other useful information.
Experience Ford SYNC® at Glenwood Springs Ford
Are you looking to buy or lease a new vehicle and thinking, “I want to sync my ride”? Contact or visit us at Glenwood Springs Ford! Our dealership offers a wide selection of Ford vehicles compatible with Ford SYNC®. One of our team members can walk you through our inventory of new Ford vehicles and help you find the perfect model for you!