How Do I Connect to Ford SYNC®?
When you own a Ford vehicle, you get to enjoy a suite of advanced connectivity features in the Ford SYNC® feature. Wondering how to take advantage of these infotainment technologies in your spacious Ford Escape? All you need to do to SYNC® is following a few simple instructions on your Bluetooth®-enabled phone and the infotainment screen in your Ford model. The process will slightly change depending on your model year, but it’ll be simple all the same. Ready for more connectivity in your Grand Junction drives? Read through this Ford SYNC® guide, courtesy of Glenwood Springs Ford.
Which Newer Models have Ford SYNC®?
The process is quick and easy to connect to your Ford SYNC® system in a 2017 or newer model — or some SYNC®-equipped 2016 and 2015 models. The select 2016 and 2015 Ford models that have a modern Ford SYNC® system include:
- 2016 Models
- 2015 Models
How to Connect Ford SYNC® to Your Newer Ford
To start, turn on your phone, start your vehicle, and turn on the radio/SYNC® system. Then, follow these steps to SYNC® your ride:
- Turn on the Bluetooth® system on your phone
- Select the ‘Phone’ button on your infotainment center, and then press ‘Add’
- Go into the Bluetooth® menu, search for pairings, and choose SYNC®
- Check that the six-digit PIN number on the SYNC® screen matches the number on your phone
- When you’re connected, a message will appear on the SYNC® screen that says “Phone is connected”
- Choose to opt in for or ignore more phone options, such as connecting your phonebook to the system
- If your phone asks to allow SYNC® to access your phone, choose ‘Yes’
- Enjoy the SYNC® system through the now displayed ‘Phone Menu’
Now you’re connected to SYNC® and ready to head out on the streets of Denver.
How to Connect to Ford SYNC® on an Older Ford
If you have an older or used Ford vehicle — basically, any Ford model not mentioned above — connecting to SYNC® has a slightly different process. Again, turn on your phone, your Ford, and your radio/SYNC® system, then follow these steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth® on your phone
- Select the ‘Phone’ button to open the Phone menu on your Ford’s screen
- Choose ‘Ok’, then ‘Add a device’, and then select ‘Ok’ again
- A prompt will appear saying SYNC® is ready to pair devices; select ‘Ok’
- Another prompt will ask to search for SYNC® on your phone; again, select ‘Ok’
- Go to the Bluetooth® menu of your phone, locate SYNC®, and select it
- Enter the six-digit PIN number that appears on the SYNC® screen into your phone
- Choose to opt for or ignore more phone options, such as pairing your phonebook
- Allow SYNC® access to your phone by selecting ‘Yes’ in the prompt
- Leave the pairing process by hitting the back arrows to select ‘Exit’, and then press ‘Cancel’ to completely leave the Phone menu
Shop New Ford SYNC® Enabled Models on Discount
Stay Connected With Help from Glenwood Springs Ford
Now you know the answer to “How can I sync my ride?” Should you have any questions about the Ford SYNC® system, please feel free to contact us today for more help.
More on Ford Features and Technology
Remote start systems are available for many new Ford vehicles and give Rifle and Grand Junction greater freedom. Wondering how to use Ford remote start? It’s simple! Read our quick guide below to learn more about your car’s remote start system, and how you can control your vehicle via your smartphone. Contact Us Programming a Ford…
Did you recently get replacement car keys, and now you’re wondering how to program Ford key fobs? Glenwood Springs Ford has you covered! Many new Ford vehicles come with a remote key fob for easier vehicle access. Programming a new key fob/s is simple if your car is equipped with keyless entry and you know the steps….
Ford vs. Chevy Drivers around Eagle who need a better way to tackle Colorado winters will want to see how the Ford AWD system stacks up to the Subaru AWD system. Take a closer look at Ford Intelligent AWD & 4WD as well as Subaru Symmetrical AWD to see how Ford’s system wins out, and…