What is the Towing Capacity of a 2020 Ford F-150?
The saying goes that if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it, and that is certainly the case with the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity. The new F-150 carries over momentum from the previous model year, boasting the same maximum tow rating of 13,200 pounds (that’s more than the RAM 1500) and offering a range of powertrain setups, cabins, and bed sizes to conquer the Rifle work site or set out on your next Colorado camping trip. Learn more about the F-150’s towing capabilities with Glenwood Springs Ford.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
Across the Ford F-150 lineup, Grand Junction-area drivers have the freedom to configure their pickup truck as they see fit. Explore the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity by engine to access the specs you need.
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: The introductory powertrain generates 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque and achieves a tow rating of 7,700 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine The first EcoBoost® engine in the F-150 lineup produces 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque while delivering a tow rating of 8,500 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: Towing maxes out at 11,600 pounds with the F-150’s V8 engine, which churns out 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: The lone diesel powertrain in the F-150 lineup helps Denver drivers to tow up to 11,500 pounds. Output reaches 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Rated at 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque, this V6 engine boasts the maximum Ford F-150 towing capacity of 13,200 pounds when properly equipped.
- High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: This EcoBoost® variant boosts output to 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque while maintaining a strong tow rating of 11,100 pounds.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Features
The 2020 Ford F-150 comes equipped with a number of features and technologies aimed at improving the towing experience for Montrose drivers. These include:
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guidance
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen
Coming Soon: Electric Ford F-150 Towing
Steamboat Springs-area drivers can soon look forward to the electric Ford F-150, which will be one of the first pickup trucks available with all-electric power. Running on electricity doesn’t compromise the F-150’s strength, either, as Ford released an advertisement where the electric F-150 tows a train that weighs 1.25 million pounds. Keep in touch with Glenwood Springs Ford for more information on this exciting model.
Test Drive the F-150 at Glenwood Springs Ford!
The Ford F-150 continues to be a leader among pickup trucks, as evidenced by its strong towing capabilities. Visit Glenwood Springs Ford today to take the F-150 for a test drive!
More From Glenwood Springs Ford
For Rifle drivers shopping for a new compact SUV, they should consider the Escape, due in part to the Ford Escape towing capacity. The 2020 Ford Escape is a compact SUV that, despite its smaller stature, feels much stronger thanks to a powerful Ford Escape engine. With a roomy interior, Grand Junction drivers can’t help…
The saying goes that if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it, and that is certainly the case with the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity. The new F-150 carries over momentum from the previous model year, boasting the same maximum tow rating of 13,200 pounds (that’s more than the RAM 1500) and offering a range of powertrain…
Choosing from the three distinct models within the 2020 Ford Ranger lineup is no easy task for Grand Junction drivers. All provide compelling features, strong performance, and off-road capabilities. Plus, drivers also have to decide between bed sizes. Find out what each of the Ford Ranger trim levels has in store with this guide from Glenwood Springs Ford….