How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
How much can a Ford Explorer tow? No matter which of the 2020 Ford Explorer trims you select, you will have access to a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds or more. Such capabilities are even possible with a hybrid powertrain. Here, Glenwood Springs Ford breaks down the Ford Explorer towing capacity based on the engine offerings for Rifle drivers.
Ford Explorer Engine Specs
With 5,000 pounds or more of towing capacity, Grand Junction drivers will be able to tow large boats, cargo trailers, towable campers, and more behind the wheel of the new Explorer.
2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder
- 300 hp
- 310 lb-ft of torque
- 5,300-pound towing capacity when properly equipped
3.0L EcoBoost® V6
- 365 hp on Platinum trims
- 380 lb-ft of torque on Platinum trims
- 400 hp on ST trims
- 415 lb-ft of torque on ST trims
- 5,600-pound towing capacity when properly equipped
- 5,000-pound towing capacity
Ford Explorer Towing Features
Across the Ford Explorer lineup, the following features enhance its towing capacity even further, providing Denver-area drivers with even more stability and control as they tow.
- All-new rear-wheel drive gives the Explorer a sportier appearance and increases towing figures by 600 pounds from previous models.
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System allows Montrose drivers to alternate between Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes depending on road conditions.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package maximizes towing capabilities, is available with 2.3L EcoBoost® and 3.3L hybrid engines, and comes standard with the 3.0L EcoBoost® engine.
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control adjusts engine power and braking to assist with trailer sway.
- Sidewind Stabilization counteracts strong crosswinds.
Discover More About the Ford Explorer at Glenwood Springs Ford!
Have the Ford Explorer towing capacity figures intrigued you? Want to learn more about the Explorer interior? If so, then it’s time to check out the Ford Explorer lease deals to find out how you can get behind the wheel yourself. Get in touch with Glenwood Springs Ford to schedule a test drive, and apply for financing online before you visit!
Latest from Glenwood Springs Ford
For Rifle drivers shopping for a new compact SUV, they should consider the Escape, due in part to the Ford Escape towing capacity. The 2020 Ford Escape is a compact SUV that, despite its smaller stature, feels much stronger thanks to a powerful Ford Escape engine. With a roomy interior, Grand Junction drivers can’t help…
The saying goes that if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it, and that is certainly the case with the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity. The new F-150 carries over momentum from the previous model year, boasting the same maximum tow rating of 13,200 pounds (that’s more than the RAM 1500) and offering a range of powertrain…
Choosing from the three distinct models within the 2020 Ford Ranger lineup is no easy task for Grand Junction drivers. All provide compelling features, strong performance, and off-road capabilities. Plus, drivers also have to decide between bed sizes. Find out what each of the Ford Ranger trim levels has in store with this guide from Glenwood Springs Ford….