What Is the Towing Capacity of a 2019 Ford F-150?
What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? Whether you have large loads to haul around Rifle, or you’re planning to set out from Grand Junction on a camping trip, knowing the F-150 towing capacity is important. The Ford F-150 can tow up to 13,200 when properly equipped, and this varies by engine.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
The F-150 towing capacity depends on which engine you select:
- 3.3L TiVCT V6: This engine generates 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque and delivers a towing capacity of 7,700 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: Rated at 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, this engine allows the F-150 to tow 9,000 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V6: This diesel engine produces 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque to tow up to 11,400 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: Churning out a whopping 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, this powertrain achieves a tow rating of 11,600 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: This powertrain generates 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque, which helps the F-150 to achieve a best-in class tow rating of 13,200 pounds.
- H.O EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: This engine makes 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque while being able to tow up to 8,000 pounds.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Features
The Ford F-150 offers an array of advanced towing features to enhance your towing experience:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist: Synchronizes the truck and trailer during reverse maneuvers.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guide: Directs the hitch to the trailer receiver.
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: Syncs truck and trailer brakes for smooth stops.
- Blind Spot Information System with Trailer Coverage: Alerts to vehicles in your blind spot or alongside your trailer.
- Automatic Transmissions with Selectable Modes: Offers Tow-Haul mode for smooth drives.
Shop for the New Ford F-150 at Glenwood Springs Ford
Denver drivers have the same towing specs to look forward to with the 2020 Ford F-150 release, and they can find the new Ford F-150 for sale at Glenwood Springs Ford! See how the F-150 compares to the Silverado 1500, and then contact us to schedule a test drive today!
Latest on Ford Models
The 2020 Ford Escape hits the Rifle market completely redesigned, bringing back a hybrid powertrain and boasting advanced safety features as standard. Just as important, though, are the updates to the 2020 Ford Escape interior. From comfort and convenience to colors and design, the new Escape interior stands up to the demands of drivers and…
How much can a Ford Explorer tow? No matter which of the 2020 Ford Explorer trims you select, you will have access to a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds or more. Such capabilities are even possible with a hybrid powertrain. Here, Glenwood Springs Ford breaks down the Ford Explorer towing capacity based on the engine offerings for…
For an SUV that promises plenty of space for your Rifle family, the 2020 Ford Explorer is the way to go. What is the Ford Explorer seating capacity? Well, the new Explorer seats seven people, and a redesign for the new model year brings with it more passenger space, at 152.7 cubic feet. Learn more…