What Is the Towing Capacity of a 2019 Ford F-150?
What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? Whether you have large loads to haul around Rifle, or you’re planning to set out from Grand Junction on a camping trip, knowing the F-150 towing capacity is important. The Ford F-150 can tow up to 13,200 when properly equipped, and this varies by engine.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
The F-150 towing capacity depends on which engine you select:
- 3.3L TiVCT V6: This engine generates 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque and delivers a towing capacity of 7,700 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: Rated at 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, this engine allows the F-150 to tow 9,000 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V6: This diesel engine produces 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque to tow up to 11,400 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: Churning out a whopping 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, this powertrain achieves a tow rating of 11,600 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: This powertrain generates 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque, which helps the F-150 to achieve a best-in class tow rating of 13,200 pounds.
- H.O EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: This engine makes 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque while being able to tow up to 8,000 pounds.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Features
The Ford F-150 offers an array of advanced towing features to enhance your towing experience:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist: Synchronizes the truck and trailer during reverse maneuvers.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guide: Directs the hitch to the trailer receiver.
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: Syncs truck and trailer brakes for smooth stops.
- Blind Spot Information System with Trailer Coverage: Alerts to vehicles in your blind spot or alongside your trailer.
- Automatic Transmissions with Selectable Modes: Offers Tow-Haul mode for smooth drives.
Shop for the New Ford F-150 at Glenwood Springs Ford
Denver drivers have the same towing specs to look forward to with the 2020 Ford F-150 release, and they can find the new Ford F-150 for sale at Glenwood Springs Ford! See how the F-150 compares to the Silverado 1500, and then contact us to schedule a test drive today!
Latest on Ford Models
For Rifle drivers shopping for a new compact SUV, they should consider the Escape, due in part to the Ford Escape towing capacity. The 2020 Ford Escape is a compact SUV that, despite its smaller stature, feels much stronger thanks to a powerful Ford Escape engine. With a roomy interior, Grand Junction drivers can’t help…
The saying goes that if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it, and that is certainly the case with the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity. The new F-150 carries over momentum from the previous model year, boasting the same maximum tow rating of 13,200 pounds (that’s more than the RAM 1500) and offering a range of powertrain…
Choosing from the three distinct models within the 2020 Ford Ranger lineup is no easy task for Grand Junction drivers. All provide compelling features, strong performance, and off-road capabilities. Plus, drivers also have to decide between bed sizes. Find out what each of the Ford Ranger trim levels has in store with this guide from Glenwood Springs Ford….