What Is the Towing Capacity of a 2019 Ford F-150?
What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? Whether you have large loads to haul around Rifle, or you’re planning to set out from Grand Junction on a camping trip, knowing the F-150 towing capacity is important. The Ford F-150 can tow up to 13,200 when properly equipped, and this varies by engine.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
The F-150 towing capacity depends on which engine you select:
- 3.3L TiVCT V6: This engine generates 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque and delivers a towing capacity of 7,700 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: Rated at 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, this engine allows the F-150 to tow 9,000 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V6: This diesel engine produces 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque to tow up to 11,400 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: Churning out a whopping 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, this powertrain achieves a tow rating of 11,600 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: This powertrain generates 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque, which helps the F-150 to achieve a best-in class tow rating of 13,200 pounds.
- H.O EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6: This engine makes 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque while being able to tow up to 8,000 pounds.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Features
The Ford F-150 offers an array of advanced towing features to enhance your towing experience:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist: Synchronizes the truck and trailer during reverse maneuvers.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guide: Directs the hitch to the trailer receiver.
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: Syncs truck and trailer brakes for smooth stops.
- Blind Spot Information System with Trailer Coverage: Alerts to vehicles in your blind spot or alongside your trailer.
- Automatic Transmissions with Selectable Modes: Offers Tow-Haul mode for smooth drives.
Shop for the New Ford F-150 at Glenwood Springs Ford
Denver drivers have the same towing specs to look forward to with the 2020 Ford F-150 release, and they can find the new Ford F-150 for sale at Glenwood Springs Ford! See how the F-150 compares to the Silverado 1500, and then contact us to schedule a test drive today!
Latest on Ford Models
When you need to tow heavy loads around Rifle, the 2020 Ford F-250 boasts the towing capacity you need. In fact, the Ford F-250 towing capacity ranges from 12,600 to 22,800 pounds, depending on the powertrain and configuration you select. The new F-250 also promises a maximum payload capacity of 4,260 pounds. Simply put, even…
Do you load up your truck bed with materials for the job site? Or do you pile the family inside to set off on a classic Colorado camping trip? The way that you use your pickup truck in and around Rifle will influence which 2020 Ford F-150 bed size you select. Consult this guide from…
As one of the top trucks in the industry, the 2020 Ford F-150 is an easy choice. But it’s not so easy to determine which of the seven Ford F-150 trim levels you want to drive around Rifle. And that’s not to mention the various cabins, bed sizes, and engines associated with the F-150 trims….