How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
The 2019 Ford Explorer can tow between 3,000 and 5,000 pounds when properly equipped, and it has a payload capacity of 1,259 to 1,717 pounds. When you’re towing a small camper for a fun weekend away from Rifle or when you need to get all the necessary supplies to your latest construction project, you can count on the new Ford Explorer to keep you moving forward. Discover this SUV’s towing capacity, performance specs, and more with Glenwood Springs Ford today!
Ford Explorer Engine Options
When you choose the Explorer to get you around Grand Junction, you’ll have a choice of three strong engines:
- 3.5L V6: With Ti-VCT (twin independent variable camshaft timing), this engine is capable of delivering 290 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: Your Explorer will earn up to 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway while delivering 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque when you opt for the 2.3L EcoBoost.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: With the help of a turbocharger and direct injection, this engine can produce 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. When you choose the Explorer Sport or Platinum trims, this is the standard engine.
Ford Explorer Towing Packages
You can equip your 2019 Ford Explorer SUV with a towing package to give it a little extra grit. Grand Junction drivers have two options:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package: You can equip this package on a Ford Explorer with the 2.3L engine. It includes everything you need to tow up to 3,000 pounds, including a frame-mounted hitch and wiring harness.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: Available for the 3.5L V6 engine, this package includes an engine oil cooler, a frame-mounted hitch, and four- and seven-pin trailer connectors. This is the package needed to tow up to 5,000 pounds.
Towing Safety Features
Just like the rest of the Ford lineup, the Ford Explorer is equipped with smartly-designed towing safety features. Here are two that will assist you when you’re towing through Denver:
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: Easily switch between Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes when you need to. There’s no terrain you can’t take on!
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: This system monitors yaw and roll rates through the use of gyroscopic sensors. You’ll remain in control if you experience a wheel-slip, oversteer, or understeer, and with the help of Curve Control, maneuvering tight corners is easy.
Experience the Ford Explorer at Glenwood Springs Ford Today!
When you’re ready to see for yourself what the Explorer is capable of, visit us in Glenwood Springs for a test drive! You’ll love how in-control you feel behind the wheel of this capable SUV, and how much space there is for passengers and cargo alike. Contact us if you have any questions, and be sure to browse our new vehicle specials for a great deal near Montrose. Considering a Ford Credit plan for your new Explorer? Learn more about the benefits and options with Glenwood Springs Ford.
Latest on Ford Models from Glenwood Springs Ford
As one of the top trucks in the industry, the 2020 Ford F-150 is an easy choice. But it’s not so easy to determine which of the seven Ford F-150 trim levels you want to drive around Rifle. And that’s not to mention the various cabins, bed sizes, and engines associated with the F-150 trims….
We can all agree that across the lineup, the new Ford Escape proves itself fuel efficient, especially with the addition of hybrid powertrains, and it also offers a variety of high-tech features. First and foremost, though, the Escape is a utility vehicle. As such, the 2020 Ford Escape cargo space measures 65.4 cubic feet when…
The 2020 Ford Escape hits the Rifle market completely redesigned, bringing back a hybrid powertrain and boasting advanced safety features as standard. Just as important, though, are the updates to the 2020 Ford Escape interior. From comfort and convenience to colors and design, the new Escape interior stands up to the demands of drivers and…